Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity?
The Society for the Protection of Animals (SPA) Canada is the largest Canadian non-profit organization dedicated to creating awareness and educating people on respecting animals.
The SPA Canada’s mission is to promote respect for animals through education and awareness of political, economic, community and civil aspects about the following issues: ethics, public health and environmental impacts of the five main operating industries (agriculture, science, fashion, entertainment and domestic animals), to manage populations of different animal species or deal with any other human activity that may affect non-human animals. In addition, the agency also participates in the advancement of issues for human rights and environmental protection having an impact on animals.
We pride ourselves on offering a positive environment for our workers, volunteers and interns!
About the role
We are looking for a Creative Content Social Media Specialist Intern to join our Marketing team! You will help grow the society for the Protection of Animals Canada presence on various social media platforms through the creation fun, trendy, and engaging content. Your primary focus will be content creation and will require cross-functional teams. Please note this is a non-remunerated position.
Sounds like you? Keep reading…
- Create engaging and innovative content to publish on social media, specifically on video platforms (Tik Tok, Instagram Reels, Instagram Live, Instagram Stories, Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube).
- Ensuring all content adheres to the Society for the Protection of Animals Canada guidelines.
- Develop innovative ideas to increase brand relevance, such as sharing best practice and tea related tips
- Create strategies for optimization (ex. increasing likes, views, and engagement).
- Establish the Society for the Protection of Animals Canada as the animal protection non-profit leader by monitoring upcoming trends on social media platforms.
- Organise virtual events on our social media platforms to engage with customers.
- Briefing copywriters and graphic designers to ensure visual and written content is informative and captivating for targeted audiences.
So, are YOU our next Creative Content Social Media Specialist Intern?
- 1 to 3 years’ experience of content creation for social media platforms.
- Excellent knowledge of social media platforms and key success factors.
- Excellent communication skills, written in French or English.
- Flexibility to manage on-demand and real-time nature of social media.
- Passionate about Social Media marketing.
- Positive and motivated self-starter who enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative in your thinking and like to develop new ideas.
- Strong team spirit.
- Have an eye for detail and the ability to juggle multiple projects on tight deadlines.
- Able to work from home or from Montreal when possible.
- The internship is for a total of 1100 hours.
- Part or full time possibilities